The power harness of our In-dash units is all color-coded to properly identify the purpose of each wire.
- BLACK - connects to the vehicle GROUND or the negative polarity of the Battery
- RED - connects to a SWITCHED +12VDC, normally to an ACC line of the Ignition Switch
- YELLOW - connects to a CONSTANT +12VDC
- BLUE wire – connects to the REM line of a Switchable product such as Power Amplifier or the Power Antenna, as applicable. Because it has a +12DVC output when the radio is on, it is best to cap it or tape it
Please confirm the Red & Yellow wires are connected. The unit requires 12VDC + on both RED and the YELLOW wires otherwise, the unit will not turn on. If you have a Multi-Meter handy measure the voltage for both wires.
3 possible things can be happening as to why it's not turning on
- Low Voltage on either the RED or the Yellow wire.
- NO Voltage on either the Red or the Yellow wire, maybe both.
- Bad or No Ground Connection.
Extra safety precaution is always necessary when dealing with the vehicle’s electrical wiring and it is better to be done by an expert professio